Monday, December 8, 2014

Oh what to bring to the Thanksgiving potluck




Most Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are spent with friends.  So many folks here have little family here so we all band together and enjoy our big family of misfits :)

This Thanksgiving we were invited and were late to RSVP.  By the time we finally decided that yes, this is what we are doing (Matt is the only one in family that has a hard time committing), everything I had thought to bring was signed up for. So I decided to make pie my way.

I don't have a lot of Thanksgiving cookie cutters and this idea from Sweet Sugar Belle was perfect! I used my standard cut out cookie recipe and omitted citrus and added pumpkin pie spice.

Here is a close up of the pumpkin pie decorated cookies:


To use up some of the bits of dough I added some fall color cookies. I really loved the colors that I ended up with.


They were a hit and disappeared fast.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: